You’ll find nothing way more valued currently as opposed to holding your baby and thinking this cute little one is your flesh and blood. But as time is running so fast, babies grow up so quickly. Today an infant, tomorrow a toddler, and the day after it will be a teenager. And it will seem to you like yesterday when your child came into the world.
Parents like to keep their babies’ stuff as memories. And there is a cool trend today of preserving those memories through baby footprint ornament. There are handprint and footprint ornament kits available online that you can order and create a keepsake of your baby’s hand and footprints on your own.
Included in Kit
The kit comes in safe packaging, affordable prices and includes more than what you expect. It has
- Food grade high-quality clay packet
- Alphabet stamps for the name of your baby
- Numeric stamps for date
- Long-lasting Paint
- Ribbons to hang the ornament
- Wooden frame if you order the framing kit
Guide to use a casting kit
Foot and handprint ornament kit is totally DIY. You will enjoy taking the impression of those little hands and feet, and once you are done, it will be the most adorable showpiece of your home. If you are wondering how to use it, well, don’t worry. This article will guide you steps to preserve the prints of your little one.
- You need to place an order for the desired kit. There are two types of kits available
- Ornament kit
- Casting kit with frame
- You received your order? Great! Do not rush to cast it. When you are free from regular chores, then take out the kit and start working.
- Place the clay on a flat surface, gently and slowly spread it. Use the rolling pin and give a little pressure while spreading. Make sure there is no wrinkle or crack on your mold.
- Now, as the mold is ready, place your baby’s foot on it and press a little like you are sliding it into the shoe. Hold it for a couple of minutes so the clay can have a clear impression. Repeat the same with the hand for a handprint.
- Hand and footprints are done? Great! It is time to print the date and baby’s name.
- Once the mold has got the prints. Leave it to get dry. It is better to leave it for at least four days so it can be completely dry before framing.
- Paint the prints with gold paint to prominent them. And voila! Baby Print Ornament is ready.
- You can also print a message on the backside so you can gift it in the future when your baby becomes a grown adult. And it would be the most beautiful gift to present. Also, you can gift this kit to your loved one in the baby shower and birthday as well.
Those little and soft feet will grow big and strong, so preserve them before time runs out, and your little one turns old.